Finding Serena Baliff





My name is Callista Baliff. Some of you may know by now that my sister Serena has gone missing. Last anyone heard from her was a week ago, April 19th. The last thing she left was a voicemail to me and a post on this blog.

After the voicemail I called the police (attached below), I knew something wasn’t right. Because she’s an adult they didn’t take her disappearance serious at first. They told me she probably went on a trip or decided she didn’t want to answer the phone. I contacted her college about it, and she missed a few days of classes. I asked her friend Kait Sidhe to go visit her place. No one answered the door, and apparently when Kait tried the door it just opened. No sign of forced entry according to the police, nothing stolen (that they could tell), and everything someone would take on a vacation still there. Credit card, clothes, phone. She left her phone. The police say she might have run away. Yeah, right.

I know her better than anyone. She wouldn’t run away.

When I told the police this they said that I should consider the possibility she left everything and disappeared because she “did something drastic”.

She wouldn’t kill herself either.

I don’t give a fuck what anyone says, she wouldn’t run away and she wouldn’t jump of a bridge or whatever Floridians do when they want to die. That’s bullshit, and anyone who knows her will agree. I mean, the voicemail doesn’t sound particularly suicidal, does it?

If the Sarasota police won’t do shit to find her then I will. She left me the voicemail for a reason. So now I’m in fucking Sarasota, in Kait’s house with her weird cat, posting on Serena’s fucking blog. Here we fucking go.

This is the voicemail she left.



[Voicemail transcript:]
Figures you’d call non-stop then not answer when I call back. Callie, listen. I don’t have long but I’ve found it. At least, I think I have? I don’t want to jinx it, but I feel so close. I mean, Shelby (sp?) was a bust butWhatever, I’m gonna change the freaking world here, I just need- …sorry. It doesn’t matter, I’m just calling to tell you I’m figuring it out. I’m not crazy, I know I’m not. Just… keep an eye out, I guess. I think someone is, well, I’m probably imagining it, I haven’t slept but it feels like— [voice mail end]

Any locals know what she talking about? What is Shelby?

Share this post and Serena’s picture and voicemail, tell anyone you know in the area or out what happened, spread the word. Whoever took her is going to fucking pay.

If you have any information, tell me now.

Callie Baliff


(941) 763-5080
CallistaBaliff@gmail.com

5 comments:

WitchyKait said...

i cant believe this is happening

Emrys said...

This is so tragic! Long time follower, so sad that she's gone missing. I'll keep an eye out.

Jake01 said...

There is so much Selby (not Shelby) stuff in Sarasota, they are almost as bad as the Ringling's and Goldstein's. Try the garden or the library?

Emrys said...

The library is a good suggestion! My first thought too.

Callie said...

@Emrys @Jake01 On it.