I FOUND A LEAD

The Selby Library was a waste of time but I found something at the garden. I was confused at first because it didn’t seem like anything there would be helpful. I was wondering around for almost an hour asking the staff about my sister but no one remembered anything. Then some weird lady walked up to me and asked me if I knew Serena because apparently we look alike.

We really don’t.

But fuck if it led her to find me I don’t care.

She gave me this book on Victorian flower language and said Serena left it and she hadn’t had a chance to return it to her.

I wanted to ask her what her name was or if she knew anything else but she just walked off when I was flipping through the book and I couldn’t find her.
This lady was pretty uninspiring, it wasn’t a face you would easily remember but she had this dead look in her eyes when she was talking to me. It was downright unnerving.

If any of you see some brunette woman working at Selby Gardens please try and get her name. She looked like she was in her forties or something. Wore too much makeup.

Anyway Serena’s book had a note in it. I’ll attach it down below. I don’t know what any of it means but I found something of hers. Something to finally go off on. I thought about giving it to the police but with the way they blew me off last time I think I should follow this myself.

I didn’t know that Serena was so interested in flowers, but it makes sense with all of the semiotics nonsense she was studying. This might have been what she meant in that voicemail, it was the last place she was seen. Some of the shit in this book is circled and checked and I’ll post scans to see if any of you can figure out what the hell it means.

The note in the book is even more fucking confusing because nothing my sister ever looked into ever made any damn sense. These look like lab notes. What is it doing in her flower book? Why would she care about any of this in the first place?

It mentions Myakka, which I found out is the name of some state park that isn’t too far from here. It is outside Sarasota city limits so the police would be too lazy to get off of their asses and drive there anyways. I guess my next move is to head out to the park and see if anyone has seen her.

I have scans of the book and this weird lab note below. Let me know if you have any luck figuring it out.



3 comments:

Emrys said...

There was missing persons search in that area not too long ago. I will email it to you. Hope this helps! I know that this must be so hard but keep your hopes up!

JennaBoBenna said...

btw Myakka has an entry fee. i always forget cash when i go there

WitchyKait said...

We’ll find her Callie I promise