Sarasota After Sundown: Who and Why


So, my name is Serena and I’ve made a blog!

I mean, obviously I’ve made a blog. The question I’m probably going to get a lot is, “Why did you make a blog, Serena?


Well, hypothetical question asker, the answer to that is just one word:


Callie.


Truly Callie, this is all your fault. I’ve never even considered joining the world of online blogging until you were all “Ever since you moved to Sarasota you never leave the library unless to take pictures, you never talk to anyone but that weird cat lady (don’t listen to her Kait, you’re only a little weird), you never post any pictures you take. You’re basically a hermit, at least make a blog or some s***!”.

Well, miss potty mouth, I have reasons for all of the above.

A. I’m a recent PhD grad student working on making my dissertation in semiotics into a full fledge freaking book, of course I’m in the library all the time.
2. Kait is also always in the library and is one of the only people who gets it, so of course I talk to her.
And lastly… Well, it’s kind of nerve-wracking to post my stuff, y’know?
But you know what? No one calls me a hermit, not even my big sister. You want a blog? You got it!

So what’s gonna be on this blog, Serena?" You may ask.


Honestly? For the first question, I’m not 100% sure? Some photography, I guess. Maybe some interesting history/symbols stuff I find, definitely some complaining about extending my dissertation by like 500%, probably some nonsensical diary posts like this one, definitely some late night adventures.


Which reminds me,” you may say. “Why is the blog called Sarasota after Sundown anyway?


Cause I’m a Northern girl living in freaking Florida, okay. It’s hot when the sun is up. I discovered my own secret, livable world of Sarasota after dark. I call it Sundown.


Anyway, here it is. I’ll be trying to keep it up to date as much as possible. Thanks for reading!


Love,


Serena

2 comments:

WitchyKait said...

woo! can't wait to see what you post!

callie said...

You act like you were pushed to make the blog but you are living for it, don’t lie.