Writing Update: Or, the story of how publishing sneak attacked me



Okay, maybe I spoke too soon?

I’m more scared for this publishing now than excited. It’s just… big. Bigger than I expected?

I mean, all of history is, I guess. But it’s just… there are so. many. statues. IN SARASOTA. AND I’M NOT EVEN AN ART HISTORIAN SO WHY DID I CHOSE AN ART TOPIC?

I just need a starting place, y’know? Something to bounce off besides STATUES AND OTHER ART STUFF.

Found something though, this scrap of a journal just hidden between some pages of a old book about home remedies, of all things. It’s super busted up, but the few words I can pick out are pretty interesting. Might be a lead? Or not?

Ugh. Okay. Back to the manuscripts. I forgot my allergy meds too. The dust is KILLING ME.


8 comments:

Callie said...

Come on dumbass, how many times do I tell you to get one of those little pill holders for your keychain? This wouldn’t happen if you just listened to me!

Serena said...

@Callie MY NOSE IS TOO STUFFFY TO ARGUE OVER A BLOG. KEEP YOUR I TOLD YOU SOS TO YOURSELF

Callie said...

@Serena Baby!

WitchyKait said...

i can bring you something if you need! I have this poultice that clears allergies right up, all natural!

Serena said...

@WitchyKait Uh thanks… but, please god no lol

Serena said...

@WitchyKait *please GODDESS no

Emrys said...

Found this blog through a mutual friend! I know someone at the local library who might have something you can bounce off of. She’s particularly interested in sculpture. Check the email I sent you.

Serena said...

@Emrys HECK YEAH YOU ROCK