(RAU pt 2) - Osprey Point

 So it seems there might be some treasure hunts set up in Florida. I swear to god if my sister is missing because of some gold coins I am going to murder someone.
By the use of an electric lamp, shone through the face of the painting, (I must admit I was reluctant to even attempt this, for fear of somehow damaging the oil paint with the heat of the light) I was able to more clearly make out the details of the map itself – it was one of the Sarasota coastal area, a rather old one at that. The area of the repainted sky was of the most interest to me, as it seemed to correspond rather closely with the place modern Sarasota now lies. St. John, silhouetted by the light, was now clearly pointing at a specific place, his right hand resting directly on it.
I was familiar with the place where St. John’s finger rested as a part of the Sarasota coastline, the Webb Estate, in a place called Osprey Point.
I haven’t been to Osprey point. Fuck now I have another lead that I need to follow. All of these seem to point in random directions. Osprey Point and the Webb Estate may be a good place to look if everything else turns into a dead end. Can someone research that place and send me what you find?

6 comments:

ConspiracyDude23 said...

On it.

Emrys said...

John Ringling is a very mysterious and interesting study.

Ashley said...

I'll look into it too. @Emrys may have been right, I'm starting to really enjoy trying to solve this mystery.

Sammy said...

Are you going to be uploading scans?

Callie said...

@Sammy I'll have them uploaded as soon as I can.

JennaBoBenna said...

I went to the archives with her not too long ago. This is nothing like what i saw her researching before.